Summer is just around the corner, and it’s only going to get warmer from here. Are you sure that your AC is ready to handle the heat? If you turn yours on to find that it’s not performing like it used to, you may need to have repairs and maintenance done. No matter whats causing the problem, you want it to be fixed so you can stay cool and safe. Here are some of the most common cooling problems and how you can troubleshoot them:
- Start-up problems: Your AC should turn on when you want it to. If it’s experiencing start-up issues, it’s a sure sign that you have a problem. You can try resetting the circuit breaker or replacing a fuse. If this doesn’t work, you should call a Air Tech professional. You need your AC to be ready to work when the weather gets hot!
- Thermostat problems: If your thermostat is broken or damaged it may have trouble reaching your desired temperature. If you find yourself setting your thermostat lower than usual and it still doesn’t feel as cool as it should, you should call Air Tech. We will know whether your thermostat needs to be re-calibrated or replaced.
- Airflow inconsistencies: Weak air flow and inconsistent cooling can make your home uncomfortable. If your AC is showing these signs of wear and tear, it should be dealt with immediately.
- Moisture: Condensation can cause mold or mildew to grow very quickly. If left untreated, they can be introduced into your air supply. Exposure to these particles can worsen asthma symptoms as well as other breathing related illnesses.
- Strange smells: The air coming from your AC shouldn’t smell like anything at all. A musty smell is a sign of mold or mildew buildup inside the unit or connecting ducts. A rotten egg or meat smell may be a sign that pests are present. Burning smells need to be addressed as well.
- Unusual sounds: The older the AC, the more likely it is to make noise. All models have a fan, so they aren’t ever completely soundless. If you hear any loud bangs or whistles, it could be caused by buildup, broken fan motor, or a worn-down fan belt. These problems can escalate over time, so it’s best to have them repaired as soon as possible.
- Frequent cycling: This can happen for several reasons, but a Air Tech professional will be able to locate the source of the problem.
- Model Size: Some of these issues are caused by one simple thing– the size of your AC unit. If it’s too big or too small, it won’t be able to properly cool your home.
How Air Tech Can Help
Problems can arise with your AC at any time and you need an AC repair that will be ready to assist you when an emergency breaks. At Air Tech, we understand when you need cool air in your home, you need it immediately. Our team of technicians work around the clock. They’ll forgo sleep for the sake of total customer satisfaction. When you deal with Air Tech, you’re getting a service that will stand by you at all times and won’t bail from encountering any problem with your AC.
Our AC Repair services areas include, but are not limited to Arden Arcade, Camino, Citrus Heights, Coloma, Cool, Diamond Springs, Down Town Sacramento, Drytown, El Dorado, El Dorado Hills, Fair Oaks, Fiddletown, Folsom, Foresthill, Garden Valley, Georgetown, Greenwood, Granite Bay, Grizzly Flats, Lotus, Mount Aukum, Olympic Valley, Orangevale, Pilot Hill, Placerville, Plymouth, Pollock Pines, Rancho Cordova, Represa, Rescue, River Pines, Rosemont, Sacramento, Shingle Springs, & Somerset. If you are outside of any of these cities, please do not hesitate to contact us to help you with your AC Repair at 530.317.4511
Call today to schedule your AC maintenance or repairs! We’ll help you stay cool all summer long.