Reasons Why Air Quality Can Lessen
There are several reasons why the air quality in your home may lessen. There are obvious causes, like smoking in the house or pet dander for those who may be allergic, but did you know that broken or inefficient equipment in your home may be the culprit? Some other common causes are:
- Furnace: An old furnace that works inefficiently can cause respiratory problems throughout your home. A broken system can pump out pathogens into your home, triggering asthma and other chest related illnesses.
- Stoves and Space Heaters: These heating methods have the potential to pump out carbon monoxide and nitrogen oxide. These types of indoor pollution can be extremely dangerous and potentially fatal, so it’s important that a professional inspect them often and keeps them working properly.
- Air Conditioners: An AC that has a dirty filter or a leak can quickly grow mold or mildew inside and pump it into your air supply.
- Humidity: Excessive humidity can lead to mold, mildew, bacteria, or dust mite contamination.
- Pollen: This may not affect some, but for those with allergies, pollen can cause a wide range of symptoms.
- Dirty Vents: If dust and dander have built up in your vents, they will blow into your home every time your heat or central air kicks on.
- Poor Circulation: Your air should always be circulated. If you keep the windows closed and no new air is introduced into your home, you are at risk. During the winter, you can set a ceiling fan to blow backward for circulation.
When it comes to the air quality in your home, different types of pollutant may cause different symptoms in those throughout your home. Common symptoms are diminished air quality are:
- Dryness and irritation
- Breathing problems
- Allergic reaction symptoms
- Nausea and Dizziness
If you are experiencing any of these problems, calla professional to locate the source of the problem immediately.
How Air Tech Can Help
We offer emergency air quality services for our customers. It’s extremely important that you and your loved ones have access to clean, breathable air year-round. We offer a wide range of services to help improve the quality of your indoor air supply, ranging from thermostat adjustments to duct cleaning. Depending on the severity of the issue, the situation can grow into a potentially life-threatening situation. Putting these services off can cause your loved ones to suffer, so call Air Tech to help at the first sign of a problem.