When it comes to saving money, you probably haven’t considered what your windows can do, but installing the right window type can drastically improve your home’s energy efficiency. Old windows or windows in need of a repair are not only an air leak, but a safety hazard. Damaged windows leave your home exposed to the harsh weather outside and can invite unwanted pests in. Picking the right windows, however, will require some careful considerations.
When It’s Time to Replace Your Windows
Saving money is every homeowner’s goal, but replacing your windows can become a huge project with several expenses. A good place to start, when upgrading your home’s windows, is to know when your home’s windows need to be replaced. Contrary to common belief, windows are only built to last for 20-40 years. Damaged windows are more than just a nuisance, but a drain on your wallet and a risk for household’s safety. If you’re not sure your windows are need of replacement, here are a few things to consider.
- Higher utility bills. Your windows can provide some heat to your home during the winter season by letting the sunlight in. A damaged window however, can leak cold drafts into your home, which means your furnace has to overwork itself to keep your house warm. Drafty windows can raise your utility bills up to 15-25%, but replacing your old windows with energy efficient windows can actually help to cut down on your utility bills.
- Your home is old. Windows aren’t built to last forever, and if your home is old, there’s a good chance your windows are old too. If you’re unsure about the age of your windows, look for any signs of wear and tear. Faded coloring and warped materials are signs that your windows are in need of a replacement.
- You’re planning some major renovations. If you plan to completely renovate your home, don’t forget your windows! New windows can add tremendous curb appeal to your home and can improve the lighting quality in your home.
- Windows are hot or cold to the touch. Windows that need to be replaced won’t work well to insulate your home. If you notice your windows are hot to the touch during the summer season and cold to the touch for the winter season, you might be due for a window replacement.
- Visible cracks or damages. It sounds obvious, but if you start noticing visible damages to your windows, it’s time for a replacement. Watch out for the warning signs, such as cracked panes, warped materials, faded colors, or a broken window frame.
- Faded carpet and furniture. Windows are designed to keep harmful UV light out of your home, but if you notice the colors inside your home have started to fade, it could be time for a window replacement.
Vinyl Windows by Air Tech
If you find yourself constantly repainting and sealing your windows, and your holiday heating bill is on the rise, it may be time to consider vinyl window installation or replacement. With vinyl windows, you’ll be able to provide your home and family with the warmth, comfort, and holiday cheer that they deserve as the temperature drops! The certified, fully licensed window specialists at Air Tech are here to replace and install new vinyl windows as quickly, efficiently, and seamlessly as possible. A vinyl window installation done by us will give you:
- Solace From Any Elements
- Savings on Your Heating/Cooling Bill
- Increased Home Value
- A Cost-Effective Alternative to Wood
To schedule your vinyl window installation, call Air Tech today!