Trustworthy Weatherization For Your Home
Weatherization is the practice of protecting a building and its interior from the elements, particularly from sunlight, precipitation, the wind, and modifying a building to reduce energy consumption and optimize energy efficiency. To weatherize a home means to prepare it to withstand temperature changes and extreme conditions from outside. Weatherizing a home can save a lot of energy and a lot of money on utility bills.
Here are ways Air Tech HVAC Inc. can help you save money by properly weatherizing your home.
- Caulk, weatherstrip and install storm windows to keep out drafts of cold air in the winter.
- Install screens. This way, windows can be left open in the summer without fear of bug invasion.
- Window shades keep the sun out during the day and heat in at night. Keep shades open during winter days and closed on summer days or winter nights.
- Properly insulate your attic space. This can make a big difference in stopping heat from escaping your house.
Other tips and tricks for weatherization
- Run your ceiling fan in reverse during the winter. Most fans come with a switch to reverse the way the blades spin. Running your fan in reverse when it’s cold pushes warm air near the ceiling (remember, heat rises) down to where you are.
- Turn down the temperature on your water heater. Most are automatically set to 140 degrees F, which is hotter than you will likely ever need. Turn the temperature 20 degrees (or more) and save your water heater some work and yourself 10% on heating costs.
- Be careful of where you put light sources. Put them in the places where you particularly need them, like your desk, over a counter, and near your favorite reading spot. This way, you can have one light on at a time while you do specific tasks around the house instead of having four lights on trying to keep the whole room bright.
Call Air Tech today to learn more about protecting your home with weatherization!
REQUEST YOUR APPOINTMENT TODAY!
Our team is ready to help. Call or Complete a Service Request
EXPERIENCE THE DIFFERENCE
Our customers know they can trust Air Tech to stay true to our one simple promise: we will do everything in our power to ensure you’re satisfied with our work. With Air Tech, you can always trust that you’re getting a great deal.
Do You Need Help With Home Comfort?
Fill out this form to get in touch.