Signs That Your AC May Be Harming Your Indoor Air Quality
As the weather gets hot, you may be spending more and more time indoors to stay cool. As you turn on your air conditioner to combat the heat, you should be sure that its working properly ahead of time. Any AC that is old, outdated, or working inefficiently can potentially harm your indoor air quality. Because the air you breathe should always be clean, it’s important that you know the warning signs that yours has been compromised. At the first sign of an issue, you should call Air Tech Pros. With a little TLC from, you can prevent your AC from causing air quality problems in your home.
SIGNS TO WATCH OUT FOR
- Clogged or dirty filters. Your filter is responsible for literally filtering out impurities in your airflow before its delivered and dispersed throughout your home via a central air system. Your air filter should be changed often, every few months is best. This is especially important during periods of extended use, like the summer months. When the filter becomes dirty and clogged with dust, hair, dander, pollen, or any other debris that may make their way in, your air quality can be compromised.
- Excess water. If your air conditioner is leaking any excess fluid or it has more condensation than usual, it may be harming your indoor air quality. Leftover liquids can leave you with mold or mildew growth. These spores can grow and spread at a rapid rate. If in or around your air system, they can easily be blown into your home.
- Duct problems. If your duct system is damaged, it’s possible for debris to build up inside. Because your ducts deliver air directly through your vents, whatever may be built up inside will be delivered as well.
- Strange noises or odors. These are signs that your system may be broken or running inefficiently. In an effort to prevent the problem from worsening, you should have a professional fix the problem.
- Old or inefficient equipment. Any system that is old, outdated, or running inefficiently has the potential to damage the air quality in your home. If your air conditioning system is out of date, you should consider a replacement. Newer technologies are more efficient and will help to keep the air in your home safe and breathable for years to come.
THE IMPORTANCE OF PROFESSIONAL MAINTENANCE
Early detection is key in preventing problems with your AC that cause your air quality to suffer. No matter what kind of cooling system you have in your home, you should schedule a professional tune-up at lest once a year. Here at Air Tech Pros, we offer tune-ups that will help you to stay cool and safe all spring and summer long. Tune-ups are essential for checking your system of any bugs or glitches that prevent it from delivering consistent cool air to you and your family.
Refusal to get a maintenance check could result in big problems for your AC. Normal wear and tear could worsen, wiring could become faulty, and filters could become cluttered. These problems can only cost you more money in repairs down the road, so a regular AC tune-up will nip potential problems in the bud. We also offer maintenance agreements so your tune-ups are always covered at any time.
Protecting your air quality begins with protecting your air conditioner. To keep cool and safe, call Air Tech Pros today.